If your computer has both an integrated Intel graphics card and an nVidia or AMD graphics card, the game is likely running on the integrated Intel card instead of your more powerful card. The below steps show how to manually set the game to run on your nVidia or AMD card.
Please also update the drivers for your graphics card to ensure you have the latest software version. Please note you may need to specifically update your drivers through the nVidia GeForce Experience program or AMD Control Panel/Catalyst. Your Device Manager may not find the most recent updates specific to your card model.
To set the game to run on an nVidia card:
- Open the nVidia Control Panel on your computer.
- Select the Manage 3D Settings on the left column.
- In the Program Settings tab, click the Add button, then select the game from the pop up menu.
- You should see a new drop down menu that allows you to select your preferred graphics processor. Select the high-performance nVidia processor option here.
To set the game to run on an AMD card:
- Open the AMD Control Panel/Catalyst. In the AMD Settings, select the Gaming tab.
- In the upper right hand corner, you will see an option to add a file.
- Add the game's .exe file.
- Check to ensure the game is set to run in Max Performance mode.